During the Paradox Announcement Show on Monday afternoon, Paradox Interactive will reveal (or have revealed, if you’re reading this later) a brand new game called The Lamplighters League. From the studio behind BattleTech, The Lamplighters League is a new series featuring similar turn-based tactical combat. Insider Gaming has received more information about what else the game contains.
The Lamplighters League is set in an alternate 1930s. In the story, you control a group of individuals known as the Lamplighters League as you try to stop a cult known as the Banished Court from taking over the world.
In addition to the story of the game, Insider Gaming has offered more features of the game as well as a trailer and numerous screenshots. You can see the trailer at the bottom of this post.
Features of the Lamplighters League
As for the game itself, the source relayed the following information about the game’s upcoming announcement:
Strategy meets story with style
- Command a team of unique, dynamic characters and discover their signature tactical abilities and roles within the team. Learn their stories and the world they inhabit by taking them on missions – each misfit brings their own style to battle with unique moves that can turn the tide of battle.
- Discover a variety of exciting locations and explore the battlefield before things heat up: sneak past enemies in a real-time infiltration game, pick off walkers quickly and silently, and position your squad to gain an edge in battle.
- Take advantage of all the perks and dirty tricks your agent has in thrilling, turn-based combat. Add advanced abilities, gear and augmentations to your agents to keep up with the growing threat of the Banished Court!
Race against the Doomsday countdown
- Chase the Banished Court through alternate history in the 1930s, from shipyards and deserts to jungles, both urban and wild. Control your choices on a global level and try to stop your enemies from furthering their twisted plans!
- Recruit new allies from among the worst: seek outlaws and outcasts across Earth and bring them to your side before the Outcast Court catches them first!
- Each mission earns your team new resources and increases their abilities – but be careful, stress and injuries can take their toll!
Lamplighters League will be released later this year for PC and Xbox Series X|S. Other games Paradox announced are Cities: Skylines 2 and Life By You.
Want more Insider Gaming? Check out our story at Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2.